Adult Computer Classes
Interested in improving your computer skills? The North Richland Hills Library offers basic and advanced computer classes for adults throughout the year. The basic classes are by appointment and focus on each individual learner at their own learning pace. The advanced computer classes are taught in a group setting and provide many resources to continue learning outside of class.
One-on-One Computer Basics Classes
We offer one-on-one computer classes for adults for those who need computer help. Classes are offered in the mornings and afternoons, Monday through Thursday.
We offer a variety of classes to help with basic computer use and beginner Microsoft Office classes.
- Computer Basics I and II
- Internet Basics
- Email Basics
- Basic Excel
- Basic Word
Things To Know
- Evening classes are only available Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Classes often have a waitlist, so please cancel your registration before the class begins if you're unable to make it
- For beginners, instructors recommend taking Computer Basics I and II.
How Can I Sign Up?
- To register for one-on-one classes, please sign up in person at the Reference Desk or call the Adult Services Department at 817-427-6814.
Computer Master Classes
The Library offers small group classes to help you improve your skills beyond the basics. These small group classes will help you become more proficient at using common computer programs while ensuring one-on-one attention from our instructors.
There are no classes scheduled at this time.
Things to Know
- Participants in Master Classes should already have a thorough knowledge of the basics for computers, internet, Word, and Excel
- Instructors recommend taking all of the computer basics classes offered through the Library if you need assistance with computer basics
- Classes often have a waitlist, so please cancel your registration before the class begins if you’re unable to make it
How can I Sign Up?
Registration is required for the Computer Master Classes. Registration for future classes will be posted 6 weeks before the start of class.
What People Saying About Our Computer Classes
“Absolutely a wonderful class! I learned so many things. I was really embarrassed about my lack of basic computer skills, but [my instructor] started at the beginning and went over everything. I am getting more confident and am excited to learn more. [The instructor] did a great job!"
-- Received in a 2017 exit survey after student finished a Computer Basics II class
“This was my second class with [the instructors] and I came out of here feeling confident. I am sure there will be things that I will have questions about and I know that I can call and get the help."
-- Received in a 2018 exit survey after student finished an Intermediate Microsoft Word computer class
“I cannot express enough how much I appreciate the much needed help I’ve received from my instructor and being able to use the various resources here at the library. It has been a lifesaving/altering experience. I am able to function in my new job."
-- Received in a 2018 exit survey after student finished an Excel Basics computer class