Assistance For Individuals and Families

These resources are for individuals and families experiencing financial hardship or are in need of help during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

General Information 

2-1-1 Texas
2-1-1 Texas is a service available 24/7 to answer the most frequently asked, non-medical questions, connect Texas residents with local resources, and provide a COVID-19 option. The service is free and confidential.

Call: 211

United Way - Tarrant 
As new guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19 have been issued, many citizens have greater financial assistance and social services needs. The United Way – Tarrant website provides information for local resources. Call 1-866-211-9966 and provide your zip code to be connected with a list of local agencies that provide assistance to individuals and families.

Call: 1-866-211-9966


Texas Workforce Commission
Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the state agency that oversees and provides workforce development services to employers and job seekers in Texas. For unemployment news visit: For an explanation on how to file for unemployment, visit:

Call: 1-800-939-6631 (8 a.m.- 6 p.m.)

Work In Texas
Work in Texas is an online job-matching website that continuously searches for jobs that would match the qualifications of job seekers.

Bills, Rent, and Housing

Tarrant County Department of Human Services (TCDHS)
Tarrant County Department of Human Services (TCDHS) is the County’s temporary financial assistance program with a mission "to provide social services and economic assistance to individuals and families." Eligible households can apply for rent, mortgage, utilities, food, hygiene items, and transportation on a limited basis.

1200 Circle Drive, Suite 200, Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Call: 817-531-5620 Monday - Friday (8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)

SafeHaven of Tarrant County
SafeHaven of Tarrant County for food, shelter, child care, and domestic violence assistance.

Call: 1-877-701-7233 (free and confidential 24-hour hotline)


Child Care

Texas Health and Human Services
This resource is a search tool that allows users to select child care providers and check child care licensing status.



Tarrant Area Food Bank
Tarrant Area Food Bank helps families find local food pantries.

Texas Education Agency
The Texas Education Agency created the Texas Students MealFinder Map with a list of local education agency facilities serving meals in their communities. The map includes the address of each facility and dates and times meals will be served.

Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels delivers meals to homebound individuals.

Located at: 5740 Airport Freeway, Haltom City, TX 76117
Call: 817-336-0912

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Helps people buy food and garden seeds. SNAP food benefits are put on to the Lone Star Card and can be used just like a credit card at any store that accepts SNAP.

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, known as WIC, is a nutrition program for pregnant, breastfeeding women, and families with children younger than 5.

Call: 1-800-942-3678

Legal Assistance

SMU COVID-19 Legal Helpline

SMU Dedman School of Law has launched a free helpline for COVID-19 legal issues, offering North Texas residents the opportunity to secure free legal assistance with matters related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes issues regarding housing, immigration, and consumer protection.

Working under the supervision of SMU Law Clinic faculty, more than 45 law students will staff the COVID-19 Legal Helpline. Callers seeking assistance with certain COVID-19 related legal problems can receive assistance through the SMU legal clinics or, when necessary, a referral to local law firms and attorneys providing free services in some specialized areas.

Call: 214-SMU-COVD (214-768-2683).

Medical and Mental Health 

Medical City North Hills
Medical City North Hills hospital is ranked as a Level III Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center, and an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a cardiac rehabilitation program.

4401 Booth Calloway Rd
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Main Number: (817) 255-1000

John Peter Smith (JPS) Health Network
JPS is a teaching hospital and the nation’s largest hospital-based Family Medicine residency program. JPS hospital provides medical and emergency treatment. 

1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Call: 817-702-1100

My Health My Resources (MHMR)
MHMR is a community-based organization focused on mental health conditions and substance use disorders for adults, youth, and children. MHMR also provides services to children, youth, and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. 

Crisis Hotline: 817-335-3022


Senior Citizens

Aging and Disability Resource Center – Tarrant County 
The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Tarrant County (ADRC) help seniors, people with disabilities and caregivers connect with community services and understand their options. Partners include the Area Agency on Aging of Tarrant County, MHMR Tarrant, Texas Health and Human Services, and the United Way of Tarrant County.

Call: 1-855-937-2372


TXServes – North Texas
TXServes - North Texas provides guidance to veterans, service members, and family members for available services and resources provided by community partners of public, private, and nonprofit organizations in DFW. 

Call: 1-800-273-8255