Babygarten© is a fun and educational six-week series of classes for children 0-12 and 13-18 months. Each class involves songs, rhymes, activities, and free play that help babies with language and pre-literacy skills. Most importantly, Babygarten© is a place you and your child can come to have fun together, which is key to your child’s healthy development.
What to Expect:
- Tummy time
- Free-play with educational toys
- Socialization time with other parents and babies
- Songs and stories give exposure to vocabulary on different topics, allowing the babies to hear words or phrases they may otherwise not hear in their day to day lives
- Reading to babies contributes to the development of their growing brains
- Helps build early socialization skills
- Gives children a start to a lifelong love of reading and literature
- Toys and games aid in developing early motor skills
Space is limited so registration is required. Please call the Children’s Department at 817-427-6818 if you have questions or if you would like more information.
Upcoming Babygarten Classes
Special Zoom Virtual Fall I Session
Registration for classes in this session begins Monday, August 24 at 9:00 a.m. and ends Sunday, September 13 at 9:00 p.m. or when space is no longer available.
Ages 0-18 Months
Mondays from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- September 14 from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- September 21 from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- September 28 from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- October 5 from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- October 12 from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- October 19 from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Ages 0-18 Months
Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- September 15 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- September 22 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- September 29 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- October 6 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- October 13 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- October 20 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Please register for this event below:
What people are saying about Babygarten:
We have been going to Babygarten from the time my baby was 4 months old. My son has taken a love towards books, and the interaction with other babies has also helped in his development. We look forward to this class every week. In fact, since we like it so much I tried other libraries so I could do more classes, but this class is the best by far!
I began taking my granddaughter to Babygarten when she was just 3 months old. Within 2 months, she enthusiastically recognized her favorite songs and would babble along in class. We saw an extreme growth in her understanding and language that by 12 months, she had about 40 receptive and expressive words in her vocabulary. We have continued to sing the songs from Babygarten class and read books to her. It has been amazing to see her develop a love for reading and learning! Now when she sees me, she immediately says, "Grandma, book!" We know it all began in a classroom full of infants at the library. Thank you Babygarten!